Terms & Conditions
We are marketplacesa, this is our website available at www.marketplacesa.co.za and these are our legal terms, including our
- Terms of sale - which you agree to by checking a check box when you place an order throughthis website; and
We may change any of these terms at any time by updating this web page.
If you have any questions about our legal terms, please contact us.
- Licence. We grant you a limited licence to use this website.
- Breach. We may cancel your licence if you breach any of these terms.
- Framing. You may not frame this website.
- Capacity. You agree to the terms on the basis that you have the capacity to visitthis website.
- Accurate information. You promise that you will givethis website only accurate information.
- Ownership. We or our thirdparty licensors own all rights in this website.
- Trade marks. All ourtrade marks are our property and you may not use them without our permission. All other trade marksare their respective owners' property.
- Restrictions.You may not change, hire out, reverse engineer, or copy this website without our permission.
- Own risk. You use this website at your own risk and we make nowarranties about it.
- Indemnity. You indemnify us against anyliability related to your use of this website.
- Direct damages limited. Our maximum liability to you for all claims for direct damages related to this website isR100.
- Indirect damages. We will never be responsible for any indirect damages.
Terms of sale
- Introduction.These terms cover any transactions where we provide goods to you through this website.
- The parties. We are the vendor under these terms. You are the customer underthese terms.
- Duration. These terms commence when you accept them andcontinue until terminated.
Orders. You place orders with us on the following basis:
- you promise that you have the legal capacity to enter into the transaction;
- we only conclude an agreement when we dispatch our goods to you;
- we may cancel anyorder, but we will refund any money you have paid if we do;
- we conclude an agreement where you are domiciled; and
- each order is a separate agreement, but you breach all of them if youbreach one.
Goods. We sell the goods to you on the following basis:
- you will bear the cost and we will choose the way of packaging and deliveringthe goods unless agreed otherwise;
- we will do our best to dispatch the goods as soon as possible after you have placed an order, but we are not liable and you may not cancel an order if we do not do so timeously;
- risks related to the goods pass to you on delivery;
- ownership in the goods passes to you on payment of the fees in full; and
- you have the same rights against us as we have against our suppliers in terms of any warranty attached to the goods or imposed by law.
- Your data. You own all your data. When you enter your data into the system, you give us a licence to use it to provide the goods. We are not responsible for any of your data stored on our system.
- Intellectual property. We may own intellectual property rights in our goods and you may not use those rights without our permission. We may prosecute you for any violations of our proprietary rights.
- Disclaimer. We disclaim all warranties to the extent allowed by applicable law. We are not liable for any defect that you cause.
- Fees and payment. You will pay us the fees on the due date. You may not withhold payment of any amount due to us for any reason.
- Direct damages limited. We are only liable to you for any direct damages that the goods may cause up to the total amount of fees that you have paid us for them.
- Indirect damages excluded. We are not liable for anyother losses that they may cause you.
- Breach. Please don't breach your obligations under this agreement. If you do, we have certain rights against you in terms of the law.
- Termination. We may need to terminate this agreement immediately under certain unlikely circumstances, including if we discontinue the goods, believe providing the goods could burden or pose a risk to us, have to terminate to comply with a law, or providing the goods has become impractical. If we need to, we will give you as much notice as possible in writing.
- Resolving disputes. We want to avoid disputes about this agreement and resolve them as quickly as possible. But if there is one, either party may inform the other of it in writing. The parties must first try to negotiate to end the dispute, then enter into mediation if negotiation fails, and finally go to arbitration if mediation fails.
- Notices and domicile. We want to communicate with you effectively about this agreement. For this reason, the parties will send all notices to each others' email addresses and choose their respective street addresses as their service addresses for all legal documents, but they may change either address on 14 calendar days written notice to the other.
- Force majeure. Things may happen that prevent you or us from complying with each of our obligations under this agreement. Neither party is responsible for breach of this agreement caused by circumstances beyond its control, but the other party may cancel the agreement on written notice to the other if the circumstances persist for more than 60 calendar days.
- Entire agreement. The agreement is the entire agreement between the parties on the subject.
- Changes. If we change this agreement by updating this web page, any changes will only apply to future orders.
- Governing law. South African law governs this agreement.
- Jurisdiction. You consent to the jurisdiction of the Magistrate's Court.
- Purpose. This policy describes the way we handle your personal information.
Personal information. Personal information includes information we collect:
- on submission when you place an order; and
- automatically when you visit this website.
- Acceptance. You may not order any of our goods if you do not accept this policy.
- Collected on submission. We collect your contact details and delivery address when you place an order.
- Collected automatically. We collect your Internet usage information when you visit this website.
- Purpose for collection. We may use any of your personal information that you provide to us for the purposes that you indicated when you agreed to provide it to us.
- Consent to collection. We will get your consent to collect your personal information in accordance with applicable law when you provide us with it.
- Use. We may use your personal information to fulfil our obligations to you.
- Sharing. We may share your personal information with third parties for the purposes of fulfilling our obligations to you.
- Disclosure. We may disclose personal information to third parties if required for legal reasons.
- Security. Our website is hosted on a secure server and uses security measures to prevent interference by intruders.
- Retention. We will only retain your personal information for as long as is necessary.
- Transfer. We may transfer your personal information outside South Africa to a foreign country.
- Updating or removing. You may choose to update or remove the personal information you have submitted to us by contacting us
Information we collect
The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you such as your name, email address, phone number, the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send us, and any other information you may choose to provide.
When you register for an Account, we may ask for your contact information, including items such as name, company name, address, email address, and telephone number.
How we use your information
We use the information we collect in various ways, including to:
Provide, operate, and maintain our website
Improve, personalize, and expand our website
Understand and analyze how you use our website
Develop new products, services, features, and functionality
Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the website, and for marketing and promotional purposes
Send you emails
Find and prevent fraud
www.marketplacesa.co.za follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services' analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users' movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Like any other website, www.marketplacesa.co.za uses 'cookies'. These cookies are used to store information including visitors' preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users' experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors' browser type and/or other information.
For more general information on cookies, please read https://www.cookieconsent.com/what-are-cookies "What Are Cookies"
Advertising Partners Privacy Policies
Note that www.marketplacesa.co.za has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
Third Party Privacy Policies
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers' respective websites.
GDPR Data Protection Rights
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
www.marketplacesa.co.za does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our record